Saturday, June 14, 2014

Road Trip - Day 30

Reluctantly we left the lake this morning...Thanks sooo much, Dennis and Vicki!

and headed to Lee's Summit to see my cousin (Dennis' sister) Sheila who lives with her daughter, Katie.

We had a great visit as I fixed their gate

We all went for lunch and then to find my grandparents graves.


Nearby is my uncle and aunts graves, Sheila and Dennis' folks


We then stopped at her daughter, Christine's to meet her and her children...what a sweet family.

We bid farewell and headed west.

We ate at a wonderful restaurant...
and ended up in Manhattan, KS. In the morning we head out on a quest to find my great grandparents graves in a small area called "Swedeburg". It may not even exist any more, but is somewhere near a town called Clay Center...wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment